6 Tips To Dress YOUR best for all of your holiday festivities
Most women feel extremely overloaded during the holiday season. We need to shop, wrap and ship gifts.decorate, bake, clean and entertain. We also attend children’s holiday functions, church functions, community functions, Holiday work parties, friend’s parties and often host functions at our own home. It can feel overwhelming to have to dress our holiday best on top of all of extra demands of the holiday season. Plus we are a little worried about how things will fit after all of the holiday food
Enjoy and share these 6 tips and you will look and feel great through all of your holiday activities.
1.Take a LEAST 30 minutes to yourself to relax. Get away from stress and find a calm and quiet spot in your home to plan your party schedule. I love to drink hot tea. It both relaxes and invigorates me. Take out a pad and paper or your calendar and write down all of the activities you have been invited to and the dates. Next to each function determine if it is more a “snappy casual” kind of event, a come as you are kind of event, or a dressier event. If you are clueless as to the dress, reach out to the host to ask. Also consider if you really need to attend ALL of the functions or if there are any conflicts. Now is the time to politely bow out of any event that is just too much!
2. Go in to your closet and pull out your favorite basic bottoms, keeping in mind comfort. Your favorite little black dress, dress pants, or skirt. They need not be black. Consider your best neutral as well. If you are a Spring you may prefer a beautiful chocolate brown or clear navy, A Summer may prefer a stunning mulberry or charcoal gray, Autumn might like a deep eggplant and winters who thrive in black may want to mix in a beautiful violet instead.
Try them on and make sure they are clean, still fit, have no hanging threads or worn or pilling areas. If you find any of your items aren’t up to snuff, reach out to me and I will come running with some gorgeous pieces from Ruby Ribbon for you! We offer many holiday appropriate skirts, pants and dresses, such as smoothing, slimming sequined skirts, velvet slimming skirts, a smoothing shaping little black dress, suedette with a smoothing secret leggings , fabulous slimming pants and more.
3. Narrow your bottom choices to 3 that are your favorite for how they look and make you FEEL! We need to enjoy the holidays, not feel like a stuffed sausage especially when indulging the season’s fabulous food.
Next pull out your most festive tops, such as seasonal reds, greens, metallics, and embellished and choose the ones that flatter you best. Consider Ruby Ribbon’s beautiful camis as a slimming base under jackets, cardigans, dresses and more. The cami can also peek beneath a jacket, cardigan or sheer top for smoothing and slimming which can include a pop of color. Consider pashminas, peplum jackets, scarfs, shawls and other toppers to dress up your basic blouse. See if you can avoid the business type jacket to focus on the fun of the season.
4. Mix and match your tops and bottoms to create the type of looks you need, dressy, snappy-casual, and relaxed casual. Be sure to put them on your body to be certain the look is what you want. Now is a great time to determine if a little shapewear would boost your confidence and smooth your silhoutte. Ruby Ribbon and I standing by to help!
5. Make at least 2 outfits for each type of event you might need to attend. Pull out your belts, necklaces, earrings, shoes, boots, handbags and see which look best. Use them to change up a look where you might see the same person or two. Now is also a great time to treat yourself to a new accessory.
6. Store your outfits in an easy to get to area and match them up with accessories you have already picked. Then when the hour has come to get dressed, you are confident you have a great outfit perfect for your body and occasion!
Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, Happy New Year!